Date: 11/6/18 3:53 am
From: Gmail <butchchq8...>
Subject: Re: Into Alaska on Animal Planet
We (myself and some graduate students from U of A) annually present a program exactly like this once a month for the first four months of spring at Hobbs State Park. It is free, open to the public, and is enjoyed by people of all ages.

I can post the dates as they become available or you can contact Hobbs for more information. They will also appear on The Bluebird Shed facebook page.

Butch Tetzlaff
Bentonville

> On Nov 5, 2018, at 21:55, Karen Garrett <kjgarrett84...> wrote:
>
> There is a new show on Animal Planet about Wildlife on Alaskan National Wildlife Refuges. Each episode has three story lines. One is usually about bears. One is sometimes about birds. One week they featured a Bald Eagle that had been injured, rehabilitated, and released. This week they showed a an educational program at Kenai National Wildlife Refuge. The Rangers set up Mist Nets and caught a few birds for a children's educational program. They talked about migration as well as the effect on birds of climate change. The birds they caught included a Swainson's Thrush and a Dark-eyed Junco. it was very educational for anyone interested in bird conservation as well as teaching children about birds and bird conservation. This episode will be repeated at 11 p.m. tonight, and probably at 9 p.m. next Monday night. this show is more family-friendly then some on this network, as it does not usually show dead animals, so would be suitable for children. Does anyone know if there are programs like this in Arkansas for school-aged children?
>
> Karen J Garrett
> Rogers

Join us on Facebook!