Date: 11/5/18 7:29 pm
From: Tom and Carol Stoner <tcstonefam...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] Single loud chirp
As Caryn and Vicki have both posted, I was hearing the single, loud chirp
here in West Seattle. It happened occasionally over a period of a week or
week and a half during warm, sunny afternoons in mid-October. The first
few times I heard it, I thought of Anna's tail chirp, but I could not see a
diving bird, even though I heard the sound several times and would have
expected to see a bird hovering preparing to dive again. I also made an
effort to look for a perched Anna's, but could not spot one. I chalked it
up to Anna's with a big question mark. Another intriguing bird mystery
waiting in my "to be solved" box.

Carol Stoner
West Seattle