Date: 11/5/18 4:41 pm
From: Jane Tatchell <Jane...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Hooded Mergansers and Wood Ducks at Coal Mine Ridge OSP
Yesterday afternoon, Nov 4, I hiked up to the lake at the top of Coal Mine Ridge OSP. At the large pond just before the road, I counted 19 Wood Ducks. Some were in the water and others were chilling on a fallen tree trunk.

At the lake, there were 11 Hooded Mergansers. Also, a Say's Phoebe and a Black Phoebe traded turns on a handy hunting perch, giving me the opportunity to compare their calls. A Belted Kingfisher was heard only.

Jane Tatchell, Redwood City