Date: 11/5/18 1:41 pm
From: Carolyn via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Rocky Neck SP:Clay-colored Sparrow

Rocky Neck SP in Niantic: After doing some errands I drove into Rocky Neck mainly to see if there were Snow Buntings in the main parking lot. There were none. I didn’t even intend to exit my car, as it was 4 pm. But I noticed a large group of Juncos with a few sparrows mixed in. So I checked them out and in with the Juncos were a few Song Sparrows, Chipping Sparrows and 1 CLAY-COLORED SPARROW.

Also several Hooded Mergansers in the marsh area and 7 Great Egrets on my way out.

The Juncos and Sparrows were feeding on the ground in front of the White Pines at the back (north) end of the main parking lot, a few hundred feet from the marsh viewing platform.

Carolyn Cimino
Waterford
Sent from my iPhone