Date: 11/5/18 11:34 am
From: <baikalteal13...> <baikalteal13...>
Subject: [birders] OAS weekend field trip - Muskegon and beyond
Oakland Audubon led a field trip to the Muskegon area over the weekend and it turned out to be a pretty good field trip. On Friday, we birded some parks in Ottawa County (near Grand Haven and Holland) and the birds were good. Highlights included a Cackling Goose, Common Redpoll, Red-headed Woodpecker, Ruddy Turnstone and Short-billed Dowitchers. On Saturday, we started at the Muskegon Waster Water impoundments and things were okay with tons of Shovelers and Ruddy Ducks. We did get a Lesser Black-backed Gull at the trash mountain along with a partially leucistic Starling making heads turn (thought it was a Snow Bunting at first glance but we got them later). We also came back later in the day and got an Eared Grebe. However, with things slow, we drove to Ludington to net the Rock Wren (at the state park) and Little Gull (at Ludington Waste Water facility). On Sunday, with rain happening/predicted, we hustled back to Washtenaw County for the Spotted Redshank. All-in-all, a great weekend (66 species seen)with lifers for many of the participants and a great collection of &ldquo;rarities&rdquo; to feed anyone&rsquo;s appetite. What more need I say&hellip;..great field trip. Don Burlett
Wall Street Legend “Leaks†“Secret Stock†To Retire On
pro.oxfordclub.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/5be09b29ce6611b29692cst03vuc

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<20181105.143352.32300.1...>