Date: 11/4/18 10:16 pm
From: Mary Clausen <mkclausen...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: Re: [NEBirds] LTDU - Mead
I only had binoculars with me. Most people park along hwy 92 just to the
east of the ponds and then look back at them to the west. It is higher
there. I could not see the bird from there, but a friend with a scope set
up in the back of his truck could.

I went into town (go south by the Country store) and parked near the RR
tracks. I walked the tracks down to the south pond. You have to walk
through tall grass up to the fence at a high point to see the pond.

I recommend trying from the road first. I drove around the entire area and
didn't find another good way in. Most places are posted no trespassing.

Mary Clausen
La Vista, Sarpy co.

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018, 11:08 PM rjensen <rjensen...> [NEBirds] <
<NEBirds...> wrote:

> Is there public access to the lagoon? Could I get close enough to see it
> with binoculars? I don't have a scope.
> Thanks.
>
> Rita Jensen
> Hooper
>
> On 2018-11-04 16:05, Mary Clausen <mkclausen...> [NEBirds] wrote:
> > As of 2:30 the LTDU was still present in the NW corner of the Mead
> > Sewage south pond.
> >
> > Mary Clausen
> > La Vista, Sarpy Co
> >
> > On Sun, Nov 4, 2018, 11:25 AM 'Jorgensen, Joel'
> > <Joel.Jorgensen...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...> wrote:
> >
> >> Dave Stage and Sharla Meester wanted to me to pass along that they
> >> discovered a Long-tailed Duck at the Mead Sewage Lagoons.
> >>
> >> -Joel
> >>
> >> Joel Jorgensen | Nongame Bird Program Manager
> >>
> >> Nebraska Game and Parks Commission
> >>
> >> 2200 N. 33rd 68503 | 402.471.5440
> >>
> >> <joel.jorgensen...>
> >

> > Links: