Date: 11/4/18 8:51 pm
From: Peter Metropulos <pjmetrop...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Marbled Murrelets & Black Scoters,County Line Pull-Out

Yesterday(Nov.3) I was headed down to Santa Cruz so I stopped a few times while cruising south on Highway One.At Pescadero Beach there was a WANDERING TATTLER foraging on the water's edge at the base of the largest offshore rock,along with Surfbirds,Black Oystercatchers,Whimbrels,and Black Turnstones.Passing Ano Nuevo State Park an adult PEREGRINE was hunting over the agricultural fieldsI always stop at the "County Line Pull-Out" along Hwy 1 about a mile south of Ano Nuevo. It is an excellent vantage point from which to scope the calm waters of Ano Nuevo Bay and to get a nice view of the island. From here I scoped 4 BLACK SCOTERS(2 male,2 female) and 4 MARBLED MURRELETS(2 pairs). This is one of the most dependable spots in SM County for these two species.
Today(Nov.4) while in Belmont I spotted a MERLIN zooming north over the residential neighborhood between El Camino Real and Highway 101.
Peter J. MetropulosSan Carlos,CA