Date: 11/4/18 5:26 pm
From: Florence Sanchez via Groups.Io <sanchezucsb11=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] One more try
I went back to Gaviota SP this afternoon at about the time the Varied Bunting was found yesterday (allowing for the time change difference), but had not luck at finding it.  A birder form San Mateo County who was passing through on his way to Ventura had been there before me, and he had found the Grey Catbird, so it was still around, and I had good looks at the the Palm Warbler and the Scripp's Murrelet, which was a lot closer to shore than when I was there in the morning.  Otherwise, it was common birds only.  I think I looked at every House Finch and White-crowned Sparrow that was feeding on the ground at least half a dozen times.
Props to Wes--this was a great find regardless of the fact it didn't stick around.  And a great ID!
Florence Sanchez

View/Reply Online (#27895): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/27895
-=-=-
-=-=-