Date: 11/4/18 4:08 pm
From: 'Robert D. Hughes' <rhughes.enteract...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Montrose Harlequin Duck, Black Scoters, Red-necked Grebe, Piping Plover, and Baird's Sandpipers, 11/4 a.m.
I wasn't even going to bird this morning (November 4)  because of the
rain in the forecast, but when I looked out my window at 7:30 I saw no
rain, so I grabbed my gear and headed over to Montrose Point. I tallied
a whopping 20 species for my effort, unimpressive even by early November
standards. But, BUT, 25% of that tally consisted of good birds -
Harlequin Duck (off the end of the fishing pier, found by Krzystzof
Kurlyowicz), Black Scoter (2 flybys, found by Steve Huggins), Red-necked
Grebe (flyby), Piping Plover, and Baird's Sandpiper. The Baird's (2
juveniles) represent one of the latest records of this species for
Montrose, continuing the trend for late birds started by the Piping Plover.

It's hard to go wrong in November.

Robert D. Hughes
Chicago, Illinois
Birding Montrose Point:
http://theorniphile.info/birding-montrose-point/index.html
The Montrose Birding Blog: http://theorniphile.info/wordpress/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/robertdhughes63
Montrose on eBird: http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspot/L161180

Posted by: "Robert D. Hughes" <rhughes.enteract...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)