Date: 11/4/18 1:49 pm
From: peter barnes <pbarnes123...>
Subject: [PortlandAreaBirds] Short-eared Owl, Eurasian Wigeon, Western Gull, Palm Warbler in Portland, Multnomah county, this morning
At around 8:30 this morning, Ross Barnes-Rickett, Brodie Cass Talbott and I
had good views of a Short-eared Owl at Broughton Beach. From the paved bike
path, we saw the bird fly several times between the second set of pilings
and the Sea Scout Base, mostly in the fields on the airport side of Marine
Drive, but occasionally along the beach.

We then saw the Eurasian Wigeon at the Columbia Slough Elrod Drive access,
in the same place where I saw it yesterday.

Ross and I then went to Harborview Park, where we had two adult Western
Gulls in the gull flock. While there, we chanced upon a *palmarum (*Western)
Palm Warbler in small bushes on a slope, south east of the gull roost, and
less than 100 yards from the parking area.

Peter Barnes,
Gresham