Date: 11/4/18 1:38 pm
From: Donna Haynes <00000003bd9d64d2-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: nuthatches
I have had at least three Red-breasted Nuthatches visiting the sunflower feeders since Oct. 17. I can't be certain they are the same individuals from day or day. They could be different ones passing through the yard, or the same individuals who have decided to stick around. In the past RBNU irruption years, I would have one which would stop in for a few days, but this steady precence is unusual. The typical White-breasted Nuthatches are still feeding as usual and I have seen no interaction between the two species.  Donna HaynesWest Pulaski Co.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 1:52 PM, Bo Verser<bo.verser1...> wrote: Red-breasted Nuthatches arrived in my yard west of Heber Springs in Cleburne Co. several weeks ago and are still here in numbers. They have been very active at the peanut and suet feeders that I recently filled. White-breasted are often on the feeders at the same time. Also at times, but not recently, I have Brown- headed nuthatches in my yard. Apparently little remnant pockets of Brown-headeds are holding on in Cleburne Co., decades after the massive virgin short leaf pine stands were felled.
On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 12:34 PM Alton Patton <adewittpatton...> wrote:

I had red- breasted nuthatches for two days 10 days ago but not since. Guess they have moved on but I know they don't all go south since I've seen them in Minnesota in the winter snow.

Get Outlook for Android