Date: 11/4/18 1:23 pm
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Shorebird Report For October 2018
Hello Bird People,

It's a wet & windy day today so I'll do the monthly shorebird report
for October.
As expected the monthly species total of 14 was less than any of the
last 3 months but still had a few good surprises. Here's the list:

Black Bellied Plover = 2

Semipalmated Plover = 6

PIPING PLOVER = 2 (but only 1 bird)

Killdeer = 68

Greater Yellowlegs = 3

Lesser Yellowlegs = 6

Spotted Sandpiper = 1

RED KNOT = 1

Sanderling = 68

Semipalmated Sandpiper = 1

Pectoral Sandpiper = 2

Dunlin = 90

Stilt Sandpiper = 2

Wilson's Snipe = 1

So that's 14 species but a very low total of only 253 individuals for October.

Here are the totals for other years for comparison purposes:

October 2013 had 13 species & 788 individuals

October 2014 had 18 species & 329 individuals

October 2015 had 16 species & 1131 individuals

October 2016 had 14 species & 671 individuals

October 2017 had 14 species & 493 individuals

I doubt I'll have enough shorebird species in November to merit a
report so this will probably be the last of the monthly shorebird
reports. The next report should be in the Spring of 2019.

Al Stokie

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional