Date: 11/4/18 10:16 am
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Coos/Curry of late
Nick Mrvelj found video on facebook of a YB SAPSUCKER in Charleston on 30
Oct. No word back yet on location or if it is still around?

Yesterday (Saturday) I looked for Russ Namitz’s LBB GULL in Gold Beach
without luck (nice find Russ!). I also had similar luck this morning. First
county record for Curry. Impressive numbers of CA Gulls yesterday (1800
sounds good- what Russ reported from Friday) also good numbers of Herring
(more Herrings than Westerns) and Thayer’s (Iceland ssp) and a single
Heermann's

In Bandon on Saturday Norm Shorts helped find the Burrowing Owl at Bandon
Dunes golf course. Later up Bethel Mtn., Coos there was a Say’s Phoebe and
Golden Eagle on east side of Quarry.

At Floras Lake a Palm Warbler at Blue Silos and Swamp Sparrow north of lake
along creek trail to north. Another Swamp in Gold Beach this AM.

Rainy today, nice yesterday.

Happy birding!
Tim Rodenkirk

Join us on Facebook!