Date: 11/4/18 10:04 am
From: john bishop <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender bishopjg for DMARC)
Subject: [obol] Hood River Hermans Gulls (No) Snow Geese (yes), Surf Scoter
Hi Obol
Last night just before sunset the 2 Heerman’s gulls, reported by Mrvelj, Frank, and Talbott, were still at the Hood River spit. They flew off before I left, I didn’t see which direction. They were not there this morning at 8:30-9:10.

2 snow geese were at The Hook last night and again this morning. As I was leaving the waterfront area, 3 snow geese were on the lawn near the stop sign just north of the highway entrance, presumably the ones Paul Adamus reported yesterday. Snow geese are not frequently seen in Hood River, these were my first.

Other good birds: an immature surf scoter and a drake redhead in the river close to the spit, both with a flock of ring necked ducks.

John

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!