Date: 11/4/18 8:52 am
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Boiler Bay 11/2
'Iceland' Gull: Just a suggestion, & to everybody on OBOL. On eBird, and
in spite of the AOU's decision to decommission Thayers Gull, it is still
possible to list Thayers as an eBird subspecies: *Iceland (Thayer's) Gull*,
rather simply as Iceland. Species come and go, as we know.
(Bullock's->Baltimore->Bullock's Oriole; Green->Green-backed->Green Heron;
White-tailed->Black-shouldered->White-tailed Kite;
Audubon's->Yellow-rumped->Audubon's Warbler (Oh, wait, that last one hasn't
happened yet). If we list Thayer's now as Iceland, then all those listings
of TRUE Iceland Gull will be lost forever.

Of course, I may be prejudiced. Bob OBrien Carver OR

Friday, November 2, 2018, Phil Pickering <philliplc...> wrote:
> https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49624546

Join us on Facebook!