Date: 11/4/18 8:30 am
From: Jeremy Nance via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Flirt Hill (Easton) late warblers +
I had my first chance to do some one-hour winter surveys for the CT bird
atlas today and went to Flirt Hill right after sunrise. Flirt Hill is the
'other half' of the Trout Brook Valley orchard, owned by Aquarion water
company (restricted access), and I don't often get up there. In addition
to some nice sparrows (several Vespers, two Lincoln's, one White-crowned),
I ran across a late Redstart (female/immature) and a Tennessee Warbler
(both by the blueberry patch). I wonder if these were pushed up by the
strong southerly winds a few days ago, along with some of the other late
birds that were reported yesterday by others. Also nice to see were a
Meadowlark, Rusty Blackbird, and Pine Siskin.

Jeremy Nance
Easton CT