Date: 11/4/18 5:42 am
From: <hilton...> <hilton...>
Subject: Hilton Pond 08/01/18 (Mammals Galore Around Hilton Pond)
Although we're behind on our Hilton Pond reports and apologize for it, we do want to bring you up to date on local happenings and late summer bird banding results—including Ruby-throated Hummingbirds. To that end we've just posted installment #677 of "This Week at Hilton Pond" for 1-31 August 2018. It's all about a trio of mammal species we encountered at or near the Center—one of which is historically rare for our locale. The photo essay is at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.hiltonpond.org_ThisWeek180801.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=npx7Qov1jFz2khjlxiSivkXSB5oPyUEakFgrkoBHwVM&s=zto4QkOhAX24AJzG6-vUzhiZ0Oo7KHfTgi3BEje3jus&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.hiltonpond.org_ThisWeek180801.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=npx7Qov1jFz2khjlxiSivkXSB5oPyUEakFgrkoBHwVM&s=zto4QkOhAX24AJzG6-vUzhiZ0Oo7KHfTgi3BEje3jus&e=>

Included in the write-up is a link to a surprisingly long list of all mammals observed at Hilton Pond Center since 1982.

As always we provide a list of birds banded and recaptured during the period, plus miscellaneous nature notes and acknowledgement of folks who contributed in support of the Center's work during the period.

Happy Nature Watching!

BILL

Please "Like" our new Facebook pages at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.facebook.com_HiltonPond&d=DwIFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=npx7Qov1jFz2khjlxiSivkXSB5oPyUEakFgrkoBHwVM&s=fBicMckhCRCK_ACZ_4SVYhaZZVtctsrTPHqHPNXDTp4&e= for timely updates on nature topics,
and for info about hummingbirds at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.facebook.com_rubythroats&d=DwIFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=npx7Qov1jFz2khjlxiSivkXSB5oPyUEakFgrkoBHwVM&s=v4WLqrJwpzTT3ONj2Bi1r7SpTT0HPv0_pqpZ-JZrLOg&e=

Follow us on Twitter @hiltonpond

========

DR. BILL HILTON JR., Executive Director
office & cell (803) 684-5852

The mission of Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History is "to conserve plants, animals, habitats, and other natural components of the Piedmont Region of the eastern United States through observation, scientific study, and education for students of all ages.

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to watch the sunset." BHjr.

Join us on Facebook!