Date: 11/3/18 6:52 pm
From: Al Eisner via Groups.Io <eisner=<SLAC.Stanford.EDU...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Palo Alto Christmas Bird Count, Monday December 17
Hi, Birders:

Like all Christmas Bird Counts (CBCs), the Palo Alto CBC counts all
the birds detected in a 15-mile-diameter circle on a single day. This
particular count circle extends from the Bay to the Santa Cruz
Mountains, with four regions in each of Santa Clara and San Mateo
counties. We welcome eager birders at any level of experience. If you
want to participate in the same region where you have counted in
previous years, please contact your region coordinator soon. Note that
Ann Hepenstal has taken over from Rob Furrow as coordinator for region
4 (Santa Clara County lowlands "west" of Hwy 101), and (for the second
year) Chris O'Connell coordinates the corresponding San Mateo
Co. region 3. If you do not know how to reach your coordinator, or if
you are new to this count or would like to explore a different region
than before, please contact me at <eisner...> In order
to find you a good spot, we need to hear from you at least two weeks
before the count (the sooner the better).

Mark the date: Monday, December 17.

Al Eisner, Palo Alto CBC compiler