Date: 11/3/18 5:24 pm
From: Christopher Hayward <p_t_nymph...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Stage Road, Pescadero 11/3/18
Hi All,
Today Chris O'Connell and I birded some coastal locations. The highlight was a Yellow Bellied Sapsucker at 1655 Stage Road north of Pescadero. This is most likely the returning bird that has wintered at this location for the last couple of winters. The bird was in the eucalyptus trees on the east side of the road just north of 1655 Stage Road. Interestingly we were watching a Nuttall's Woodpecker when the Sapsucker flew in and chased off the Woodpecker. I don't see too many Nuttall's on the western side of the ridge.
Earlier we saw at least one of the continuing Palm Warblers at the Half Moon Bay Water Treatment Plant, also of note there were 2 Blue-gray Gnatcatchers.
Some photos of the Sapsucker are on our ebird checklist link below

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49655349

Chris Hayward
Half Moon Bay