Date: 11/3/18 4:49 pm
From: 'Robert D. Hughes' <rhughes.enteract...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Montrose Piping Plover and White-eyed Vireo, 11/3 a.m.

When you think of November and the Chicago lakefront, birds like
Black-legged Kittiwake, Purple Sandpiper, Harlequin Duck, and
Red-throated Loon come to mind, but today’s highlights at Montrose Point
include 2 species that shouldn’t be anywhere near northern Illinois at
this time of the year. The Piping Plover found in mid-October was still
on the beach. This bird has been present for 2 weeks and doesn’t appear
to have any intention of leaving. I’m guessing that 98% of the world’s
Piping Plovers are on their wintering grounds now, making this one of
the latest Piping Plover records for Illinois.

The other late bird was a White-eyed Vireo (found by Jeff Bilsky). This
is the latest White-eyed Vireo for Montrose I know of and one of just a
handful of fall records for us (White-eyed Vireos are more or less
regular in spring).

Robert D. Hughes
Chicago, Illinois
Birding Montrose Point:
http://theorniphile.info/birding-montrose-point/index.html
The Montrose Birding Blog: http://theorniphile.info/wordpress/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/robertdhughes63
Montrose on eBird: http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspot/L161180

Posted by: "Robert D. Hughes" <rhughes.enteract...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)