Date: 11/3/18 3:12 pm
From: Jim H <englishhaus...>
Subject: RUFOUS HUMMINGBIRD, Brentwood, PA, Allegheny Co.
Hello All,

Donna Foyle of Brentwood, PA recently spotted and photographed a
hummingbird in her yard. Late this afternoon, Bob Mulvihill caught and
banded the bird, an immature male. My boys and I joined several other local
birders in seeing this lovely bird at Donna's home.

Donna has no problem with visitors, and no prior notice is necessary to
come see the bird. She does ask that birders be mindful of the neighbors
(don't block someone's driveway, walk in neighbors' yards, etc.). Bob
suggests standing some distance from the hummingbird feeder (it's only
about 15' from the sidewalk) so as not to scare the bird. It is easily
visible from the sidewalk.

I have entered the following stakeout in eBird, and we ask that you please
use it to avoid lots of pins for this location.

*stakeout Rufous Hummingbird, Edge Rd, Brentwood US-PA*

Photos of the bird may be seen with my eBird entry.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49651954

Good luck to anyone going to see it.

Cheers,
Jim Hausman