Date: 11/3/18 1:56 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Lane coast Clay-colored
Those who visit the Port of Siuslaw RV and camping area will see lots of No Trespassing, Guests Only and so on signage. The campground staff has told birders that we are welcome to walk around in there, as the signage is to deter the local talent from using the area as a party space or for illicit camping.

The best birding is usually in the low area right behind the campground office and around the hummock at the east end of the area. This is where the crab pots are stacked and where we generally put seed.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

www.alanlcontreras.com

> On Nov 3, 2018, at 1:47 PM, Daniel Farrar <jdanielfarrar...> wrote:
>
> There is a CLAY-COLORED SPARROW at the Port of Siuslaw in Florence . It is hanging out in the gravel lot east of the main campground. It flushed from the gravel at space 75 and flew to the big pile of crabpots then up onto the hill. It looks like it lost its tail semi recently and its growing back all at once giving the bird a funny shape in flight. I put seed around in the area.
>
> Daniel Farrar
> Dunes City

Join us on Facebook!