Date: 11/3/18 1:54 pm
From: <sammanning19...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Hudsonian Godwit - Washington County 11/2
Yesterday afternoon (11/2) while checking the flooded fields around the Nathan’s Lake area of Boyer Chute NWR, I found a single basic plumaged Hudsonian Godwit. This bird was foraging in a large flooded field just north of the bridge by Nathan’s Lake. I was able to watch it for 20-30 minutes before it flew off. I only briefly saw it in flight before I lost it, but I was able to see the white wing stripe and dark underwing on it. I’ve posted some of my pictures on eBird, and they can be seen there. According to Birds of Nebraska – Online, this is the 4th fall record for Nebraska. Also present were 1 Black-bellied Plover and 2 Great Egrets.

Sightings in eBird.

Sam Manning

Omaha, Douglas County, NE

Join us on Facebook!