Date: 11/3/18 12:50 pm
From: Vivek Govind Kumar <vivekgk3...>
Subject: Lake Fayetteville - November 3rd
I visited Lake Fayetteville this morning after a fairly long time. For the most part, the woods were quiet today with hardly any bird activity. It took me over an hour to find the first White-throated Sparrow of the day. Possibly due to a lull between waves of fall migrants? I started at the environmental center and walked around the eastern end of the lake to Veterans Park.

Some waterfowl were present on the lake - Gadwall (24), Ruddy Duck (1), Lesser Scaup (1), Pied-billed Grebe (3), Horned Grebe (1), American Coot (40).

An adult Sharp-shinned Hawk zoomed through the trees near the Mulholland Blind to catch an unsuspecting Carolina Chickadee.

Miscellaneous: Northern Flicker (2), Red-breasted Nuthatch (1), Brown Creeper (2), Winter Wren (1), Golden-crowned Kinglet (2), Ruby-crowned Kinglet (5), Cedar Waxwing (25), White-throated Sparrow (12), Swamp Sparrow (1), Yellow-rumped Warbler (2).

Vivek Govind Kumar
Fayetteville

Join us on Facebook!