Date: 11/3/18 11:51 am
From: Stuart Sparkman <jacamar29...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Red-Breasted Nuthatches continue
Hey I-birders,

Karen and Harney and I saw few birds during a Saylorville jaunt
this morning, though I enjoyed viewing an immature RED-HEADED
WOODPECKER at Cherry Glen, a (presumed) EASTERN MEADOWLARK at the top
of the dam, and five COMMON LOONS on the lake. At the home feeder the
RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH count is now three. Along with their
white-breasted cousins and a couple of chickadees, these busy little
guys are going through a sizable tube of black oil sunflower in just
over two days. Could be an expensive winter if they continue to hang
around. But I like to sit around and watch them Sitta around !

Good Birding,

Stuart Sparkman
NW Des Moines