Date: 11/3/18 11:25 am
From: plm108 <plm108...>
Subject: Re: Mandarin Duck in Central Park
I agree with Karen. I saw a news story about it yesterday on CBS This Morning with video of the duck. In one section, it was standing on the edge of the pond and I could see what appeared to be a leg band (on its right leg). The enthusiasm it stirred among the newscasters was great to see, with them saying "that's something I'd go to see" ... giving them a window into our birding world. Patty McLeanAtlanta GA Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Karen And Jim Rowe <00000131a1cf8fbc-dmarc-request...> Date: 11/2/18 9:46 PM (GMT-06:00) To: <ARBIRD-L...> Subject: Re: Mandarin Duck in Central Park It is very likely an escaped captive reared bird.  They are very popular in the captive bird trade.  A post in another list serve mentioned that the duck has an unmarked plastic band on one leg which would support the theory that it is an escaped or purposefully released aviculture bird.Karen RoweSent from my iPhone> On Nov 2, 2018, at 9:35 PM, Judy Griffith <9waterfall9...> wrote:> > Questions from a niece about the Mandarin Duck that has taken up residence in Central Park. Does anyone have any insight into this?> https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/02/us/mandarin-duck-central-park-nyc-trnd/index.html> > Judith

Join us on Facebook!