Date: 11/3/18 8:17 am
From: Wayne Forsythe <wforsythe...>
Subject: Lake Julian/Buncombe Cty., NC
Folks,
At 10:45 am this date, there are 4 BLACK SCOTERS at Lake Julian. They were originally way out on the lake, but a kayaker flushed them and they landed very close to the picnic shelter. I had close scope views and took pictures, into the sun, but I believe I may have one or two pics that are diagnostic. All 4 ducks were overall dark Brn/blk with lighter cheeks and obvious, dark caps that ran from the base of the bill to back of neck and came down to the eye. This is only my 2nd mountain sighting of this species, in 32 years of mountain birding!
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!