Date: 11/3/18 7:49 am
Subject: CHBC trip to new hope impoundment
The Chapel Hill Bird Club's trip to the new hope impoundment in Durham this morning was a success if you like woodpeckers. We had a clean sweep of the non-cockaded NC woodpeckers including (conservatively) 20% of the world population of Red-headeds. Other highlights included a late Cape May Warbler and a very late Yellow-billed Cuckoo. But the piece of resistance was a pair of Red-breasted Nuthatches, of which the male was possible the prettiest of the species I have ever seen; his entire undersides were a rich reddish-brown. A nice morning for a walk.
Bruce YoungDurham <NCbyoung715...>

Join us on Facebook!