Date: 11/3/18 6:03 am
From: CK Franklin <meshoppen...>
Subject: Western Kingbird Pulaski County
Yesterday I began my pre-CBC survellience of my territory which includes along the river in east Little Rock. Even though the Fouche Wastewater Treatment Plant is just outside the count circle, I run down to the plant each time Iím out there to see what is sitting on the power lines & on the fence surrounding the plant. Itís a due diligence with me.
Yesterday I found a small group of Scissor-tailed Flycatchers gathered along the road. They linger in that area longer than most other places due to the abundant insect life. I thought one was a juvenile but a closer look said hold on. I had my camera & started to document the kingbird. I sent some pictures to Dan to make sure some other kingbird hadnít flown in for the show.
eBird checklist with photos: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49631721

Cindy F
Little Rock

Join us on Facebook!