Date: 11/3/18 5:28 am
Subject: Coinjock & Pea Island NWR, NC
Today and yesterday (Nov. 2, 3) we've had a red-breasted nuthatch coming to
our shelled peanut feeder. Looks like a male with a fairly bright red
breast. On Wed, Oct 31 we also saw a red-breasted nuthatch at Pea Island
along the "tunnel" walk from the visitor's center to the overlook platform.

Also on Oct. 31, we sighted a yellow-billled cuckoo in the shrubs around
the new platform overlooking South Pond at Pea Island. Great looks at white
pelicans all over North Pond and South Pond. A few tundra swans were
present. Avocets, marbled godwits and skimmers in N. Pond.

Our warbler visiitors here in Coinjock have been scarce this fall...male &
female redstarts, black and white, parula, and one blackpoll.

We're off to fight the winds at Pea Island again today.

Linda Ward
Skip Hancock
Coinjock, NC

Join us on Facebook!