Date: 11/2/18 10:03 pm
From: Jeff Fleischer <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender raptorrunner97321 for DMARC)
Subject: [obol] Winter raptor survey project participation
Hi Everyone,

The East Cascade Audubon Society’s Winter Raptor Survey Project is now underway. This 15th season of surveys marks the first time that more than 300 survey routes will be in play. Over 225 folks are involved with surveys conducted once a month on more than 16,000 miles of transects located throughout Oregon and Idaho, along the Washington side of the Columbia River from the ocean to the Tri Cities and Walla Walla, and in the California portions of the Klamath Basin in south central Oregon and Northern California.

As coordinator of this project, part of my duties is to insure as much coverage as possible for the routes that already exist. Following is a list of current routes that are now vacant and looking for someone to adopt them:

1. Curry County North - 55 miles
2. Portland I-205 to Sandy River - 52 miles
3. Corbett - 44 miles
4. Gresham - 49 miles
5. Boring - 48 miles
6. Myrtle Creek - Riddle - 60 miles
7. Canyonville - 45 miles
8. Hood River - 81 miles
9. Klamath Marsh - 56 miles
10. Agency - Ft. Klamath - 82 miles

If you live near these areas and enjoy looking at birds of prey, maybe this is something that you would like to get involved in, would love to have your participation :). We ask our volunteers to survey their routes once a month (more if they want to!) during December through February, November and March are also available as optional months. Most of the routes listed can be covered in about 4 or 5 hours and surveyors are encouraged to have multiple people along with them to share the experience as well as look for birds.

If this sounds like something you would like to do this winter, please email me directly and I can provide more details to get you properly set up for the task you will be doing. I should mention that you should have at least a pair of binoculars (a spotting scope would be ideal but not required) to aid in finding and IDing the birds you find, you should also have comfort with your raptor IDing skills. Looking forward to hearing from any and all interested folks !! :). Thank you.

Jeff Fleischer
Project Coordinator
Winter Raptor Survey Project
East Cascades Audubon Society - Bend, OR
<raptorrunner97321...>

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!