Date: 11/2/18 8:10 pm
From: Michael Fialkovich <mpfial...>
Subject: Great Egret, Westmoreland County
Hi,

I was surprised to see a late Great Egret at Sewickeyl Creek Wetlands in New Stanton late this afternoon. I wasn't going to stop there because of the heavy overcast conditions; it was really dark but I decided to see if anything was there.

The egret flew out of the back pond that is barely visible from the trails. It flew out of the area and did not return when I was there but it could still be around.

There was also a flock of about 80 Brown-headed Cowbirds that must be roosting in the marsh. A few Red-winged Blackbirds were also present as they have been for the past few weeks. A White-throated Sparrow was singing as well.

Mike Fialkovich
Allegheny County

Join us on Facebook!