Date: 11/2/18 5:49 pm
From: Daniel Scheiman <birddan...>
Subject: Bird Watching Collection Dedication Ceremony, November 12, Little Rock
Central Arkansas Library System is holding a dedication ceremony of a bird
watching collection in memory of Alan Kumpe. He loved to watch birds. He
died thirty years ago at the age of nineteen. His parents have made this
gift in his memory. The dedication is at Fletcher Library where ASCA holds
its monthly meetings.

Dan Scheiman
Little Rock, AR
‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ooks, materials, and a bird watching area at Fletcher Library
You are invited to the dedication ceremony
of the Bird Watching Collection
in memory of Alan Ross Kumpe.

Monday, November 12 | 6 p.m.
John Gould Fletcher Library

From Nate Coulter: A new bird viewing area in memory of Alan Ross Kumpe will
include, inside the library, a dedicated collection of birdwatching
reference books, a table with two tablet computers with pre-installed
bird-identification apps, and posters and art prints showing native birds.
We¹ll have binoculars, flashcards, and an Identiflyer (a toy to help people
identify birdsongs) for use inside the building. Outside the windows in the
children¹s section, we¹ll have a set of various types of large birdfeeders
stocked with suet, nectar, and a few types of seed, and a group of purple
martin houses.

We will also offer circulating birdwatching kits at all of our branches.
These will include a set of binoculars and two compact field guides in a
cloth bag, and may be checked out with a library card. Finally, we will have
a larger birdwatching kit‹this contains twenty pairs of binoculars and ten
field guides, and is intended to be used to support programs about birds and
other nature-related topics at all of our branches and locations.

<http://www.cals.org>
Join the Facebook Event <https://www.facebook.com/events/161739678114501/>

John Gould Fletcher Library
823 North Buchanan Street, Little Rock