Date: 11/2/18 2:53 pm From: 'Derek and Jeannette Lovitch' via Maine birds <maine-birds...> Subject: [Maine-birds] Additional Highlights This Week and Goose Fields Update, 10/27-11/2
My other observations of note over the past seven days included:
- 1 continuing adult GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE, Thornhurst Farm, North Yarmouth, 10/26 (with Saturday Morning Birdwalk group). Continues through week's end, splitting time between Thornhust Farm and the fields along Greely Rd in Cumberland. Week's high count of Canada Geese in the Greater Yarmotuh Goose Fields was 866 on 11/1 (season to date high count). Horned Larks and American Pipits continue to be common in the fields, with a few Pectoral Sandpipers here and there this week.
- 1 Blue-headed Vireo, 2 Common Yellowthroats, lots of Pine Siskins, etc, Bailey Island, Harpswell, 10/30 (with Jeannette).
- 5 EVENING GROSBEAKS, feeders here at the store, 11/1.
- 22 Black-bellies Plovers, 1 Rusty Blackbird, etc, Wolfe's Neck Center, Freeport, 11/2.
- nice influx of Pine Siskins into the area this week.