Date: 11/2/18 8:03 am
From: Joe Tucker <000001df0ca37a3b-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Northern Flickers
I was looking out the kitchen window into our backyard this morning watching the Robins pick after the morning worms and grubs when a flash of bright red caught my eye.  There with the Robins was a Northern Flicker ... then another ... and another .. and another ... I counted six picking the ground and the two stumps in the yard.  All of my feeders are in front  and as I checked them , only Cardinals, Sparrows, Chickadees, Titmice ... etc.  Grabbed my camera and tried ever so quietly to open the back door, but the Flickers and the Robins would have none of that -- they flew in a flash.  I got one marginal picture of a female Flicker that tarried long enough in a tree.    I have never seen so many Flickers at once.  There may very well have been more than six as my barn obstructed my view when counting.

Join us on Facebook!