Date: 11/2/18 4:44 am
From: Joseph C. Neal <joeneal...>
Subject: A FEW RECENT SORA and BITTERN RECORDS IN NORTHWEST ARKANSAS CITY
I had an email from David Krementz about a visit to Frog Bayou WMA during the last week of October. He uses a dog during hunting season. He found Soras (~12) and an American Bittern. My impression is that the grassy moist soil units at Frog provide excellent habitat for both species. Having a well-trained dog helps, of course.

Then yesterday, I received a message via facebook, along with a photograph, of a Virginia Rail that apparently impacted the First Security Bank Building in Springdale. We do see occasional live Virginias, in good habitat, but sadly, seems more often things like this.

Join us on Facebook!