Date: 11/1/18 6:01 pm
From: 'C or M Johnstone' <anhinga...> [nflbirds] <nflbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [nflbirds] American Flamingo SMNWR
Don Morrow sent me an email exchange he had with Jim Young, who photo'd a flamingo on SB #1 yesterday morning. I went out to the refuge immediately (shortly after noon) and the bird was in Stony Bayou #1 about half way out the double dikes. I went to look for the frigate birds that were seen near the lighthouse (no luck) and on the way out at ~2:30 the flamingo had moved a bit farther southeast in SB #1.
It is an American Flamingo, tricolored bill, reddish legs, neck and tail darker pink than back/wings, which had a few grayish feathers. I have several photos.
I think it would be good if folks continued to post sightings of this bird so those who want to see it know it is still around. Matt

Join us on Facebook!