Date: 11/1/18 4:49 pm
From: Steve Jaggers <sjjag...>
Subject: [obol] Sauvie Island today, no on the Waterthrush by me
Birders were out seeking the elusive waterthrush, no sightings I am aware of in the morning hours. Wink Gross had a N. Shrike and Swamp sparrow further out Rentenauur.

Plenty of Snow Geese there, perhaps arriving just today. Largest group a few of us saw flew in and settled in the fields West of Rentenauur road. Others were seen opposite Coon Point parking lot behind the kennels.

Lots of sandhill cranes around and there were a few Canvasback Ducks from the East side viewing platform-water levels low there yet.

The one that got away for me was a possible Rough Legged Hawk flying over Coon Point, seen not quite well enough. Not many wintering on the Island these days.

Warm and dry out there. Happy November.

Steve Jaggers

Join us on Facebook!