Date: 11/1/18 8:50 am
From: Dika Golovatchoff <digolov...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Redheads
It was a joy to find a group of 8 males and 2 female Redheads swimming in
Lake Los Carneros yesterday late morning. They swam as a group from the
north end of the lake toward the dam and then hid in the reeds along the
southeast shore.There were also 6 American Wigeons, a female Bufflehead, a
couple of Ruddy Ducks, the usual Mallards now lovely after their mold, and
of course the resident Mute Swan and the swan hybrid. Some photos are at:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/digolov/

Earlier I had visited Goleta Slough, which was quiet and beautiful, but I
failed to find the Little Blue Heron, which I last saw on 10/12. I
checked ebird and noted that the first report had been February 16th by
Mark Holmgren. It's a question of timing, and I think it prefers a very
low tide. I wonder if it will make its 1 year anniversary.

Dika Golovatchoff, Santa Barbara

View/Reply Online (#27871): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/27871
-=-=-
-=-=-