Date: 11/1/18 8:53 am
From: David Provencher via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Western Sand, Dickcissel, Finches, Barn Island
I birded Barn Island in Stonington this morning. Things have quieted down
but I did turn up some interesting birds. A late Blue-gray Gnatcatcher was
a nice surprise, as was a Dickcissel flying around the first impoundment.
Most unexpected was a Western Sandpiper with 2 Semipalmated Sandpipers and
13 Dunlin. The surprise was it was not a juvenile but a moulting adult.
Additionally I had 12 Pine Siskins, 5 Purple Finches, and a Pine Warbler in
the morning's mix.

Dave Provencher
Preston