Date: 10/31/18 3:59 pm
From: Jim Forde <jimforde...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Red-necked Grebe at Hawkeye Wildlife Area
Scoping was better than usual today from the refuge's south boundary and I could identify most of the distant waterfowl viewable. But these ducks were just a portion of the thousands on Hawkeye's big water right now. Scaup, of the divers, seemed more numerous. Today's noteworthy were;

1 Red-necked Grebe
2 Common Loons
1 Horned Grebe
1 Mallard hybrid (X Gadwall?)

I also stopped at Sandy Beach at Coralville Lake and very few birds were present except for;

5 Common Loons

Jim Forde
Cedar Rapids