Date: 10/31/18 2:07 pm
From: Mike55Y <myessik...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Palm Warbler at SamTrans Island
I visited SamTrans Island last Friday and saw lots of shorebirds plus a couple of unexpected birds, such as Say’s Phoebe and Meadowlark. But when my wife reviewed my pictures, there was one we couldn’t identify and eventually we decided it was a Palm Warbler. Since she had never seen one, she asked me to take her back there so she could see it. So we went on Sunday morning and I thought the chances of seeing it again were slim to none. But fairly quickly it showed up and spent a great deal of time scooting in and out of the shrubs. This made taking pictures quite tough, but finally I got a couple that I liked, and we decided to leave. Then the bird did something very surprising and unusual, and your going to have to take a quick look at the first picture here to see:

https://www.michaelyessikphoto.com/Other/SamTrans-Oct-2018

Michael Yessik

PS. If you go to the pictures, be sure and look at the Coot.