Date: 10/31/18 9:21 am
From: 'Derek and Jeannette Lovitch' via Maine birds <maine-birds...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Sandy Point Morning Flight, 10/31.
Hi all,A light flight passed over and through Sandy Point Beach, Cousin's Island, Yarmouth this morning. There was nice diversity for the late date, and the dawn was crisp but very pleasant. Based on the upcoming forecast, the late date, and my schedule, this was quite possibly my last visit of the season, so it was nice to finish solidly - and not shivering!
7:14-9:20am.36F, mostly clear, calm to very light W
54 Dark-eyed Juncos42 Ruby-crowned Kinglets39 American Robins29 Golden-crowned Kinglets25 Yellow-rumped Warblers19 Brown Creepers (*2nd highest total)10 unidentified9 Black-capped Chickadees6 Hermit Thrushes (inc. one crossing at 8:45)4 White-throated Sparrows3 Swamp Sparrows3 Fox Sparrows (*new record high. Unusual behavior, too. 1st crossing record, and at 8:35am. One other attempted a cross before turning around. Third was in bushes).3 Palm Warblers2 Red-breasted Nuthatches2 unidentified kinglets2 Common Redpolls (2nd morning flight record)2 Snow Buntings1 Greater Yellowlegs 1 BLUE-HEADED VIREO 1 Blue Jay1 American Pipit1 Pine Siskinx Song Sparrows
T= 259
-Derek

 Derek and Jeannette Lovitch

 Freeport Wild Bird Supply