Date: 10/31/18 8:10 am
From: Karen Holliday <ladyhawke1...>
Subject: ASCA November Field Trip
Saturday, Nov. 17th is the next field trip sponsored by the Audubon Society of Central Arkansas (ASCA).  Details are provided below.  Please heed the warning about the cold, it can be quite chilly if the wind is blowing.  The lake usually yields a lot of good water birds, plus lots of Bald Eagles and those cute little Brown-headed Nuthatches in the pine trees.  With the irruption of Red-breasted Nuthatches, there is a good chance of spotting RBNU.  You don't have to be a member of ASCA to participate.  Dottie Boyles has graciously agreed to lead the trip.  You will need to contact her if you have any questions.  On Nov. 17th I will be flying back to the states from a two-week birding trip in Chile.  Ya'll have fun!Karen HollidayASCA Field Trip CoordinatorLittle Rock
 November 17DeGray LakeResort State Park—ArkadelphiaMeet at 7:30 a.m.in the commuter lot at I-430/I-630 off Shackleford Road in Little Rock. We’ll arrive around 8:45 a.m. at the park’s Lodge for anyone who would like tomeet us there.  Our target birds will be eagles, loons, ducks, mergansers,grebes, and gulls.  Dress warm, the lake can be windy and cold.  Hatsand gloves are recommended.  Bring scope, water, and snacks.  You canbring lunch or eat in the Lodge’s restaurant.  Lunch at the lodge is a nice way to warm up after being out at the lake all morning.
 Address for thepark is:  2027 State Park Entrance Road - Bismarck, Arkansas 71929. GPS coordinates are 34.24562, -93.14840.  Go to www.degray.com for more information about the park.

Join us on Facebook!