Date: 10/31/18 7:30 am
From: Steven Gaulin <gaulin...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Little Blue Heron and Horned Grebe at Goleta Slough
Yesterday (October 30) at about 9:10 AM in the channel north of the eastern-most parking lot, the Little Blue Heron was again present along with roughly 25 Snowy Egrets, 18 Black-necked Stilts, 8 Least Sandpipers, 6 Great Egrets, 5 Great-Blue Herons, 2 Spotted Sandpipers, 2 Greater Yellowlegs, and a single Horned Grebe. (Nope, no partridge in the pear tree.) I have seen Eared Grebes at other locations, but this is the first Horned I've seen this fall. Peregrines and Osprey which seem to be increasingly common here were not in evidence.

Steven Gaulin
Santa Barbara

View/Reply Online (#27868): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/27868
-=-=-