Date: 10/30/18 5:26 pm
Subject: A Yellow-rumped Warbler Experience

At the cabin, feeder birds include Cardinals. Juncos, Towhees, Titmice, Nuthatches, Goldfinches and Chickadees. Often these have recently attracted other birds such as four types of Woodpeckers (including Sapsuckers), Kinglets, Robins, B. H. Vireos and Yellow-rumped Warblers. A couple of days ago (Oct. 28), while trying to feed Chickadees from my hand, a Yellow-rumped Warbler landed above on a post and then came down to land on my extended arm about at my elbow and stayed there for a few seconds as I remained stationary. An exciting experience! Today had some Chickadees feed from my hand – Titmice and Nuthatches would come close but wait while I spilled the bird food on the level feeder to the side of my hand – being more cautious.

A question for birders in the high country who, unlike me, stay the Winter. Do recognizable Black-capped Chickadees migrate down here in the Winter and come to feeders? Not the few native Black-caps in the few pockets toward the end of the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Bill Haddad
Spruce Pine, N.C.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.avast.com_antivirus&d=DwIFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=RQp5yaALtV_6artoufEAPjuBcD2N3P3E2YU5iZSyS9M&s=DXaGFn0H3OyjcUqpheS26858Sk3_wDrc_JjbkaIZL38&e=

Join us on Facebook!