Date: 10/30/18 3:48 pm
From: Daniel Mason <millipede1977...>
Subject: Re: CNN: This is the 'last generation' that can save nature, WWF says
Almost surprised I haven't seen any conversation yet. Maybe it's been
mostly private?
Talking about some issues can be difficult to not bring politics and
such into them, which is sad... because, they're actually good things to
talk about. I've said it before, I wish we had another place, such as a
facebook group or something, to discuss these things. We generally TRY
to tread lightly here because of the potential controversy and, we just
don't need it. I'm close to rambling, I'll try to stay on track...
one question I feel is worth asking is... what's the goal in discussion?
I've seen lots of discussions online(FB and the like) where people post
links to stories and the discussions are often "this side is right...
those people are wrong..." and that often turns to name calling.
Unproductive for everyone involved. Nothing is accomplished.
If everyone in this group got together to discuss these issues(here, or
elsewhere) what would be the goal? Just discussion and sharing of
thoughts? Or, seeking solutions? Too often, I find, people want
solutions but we wait on others while we get mad.
Oh so many thoughts.
These topics are definitely worth discussing. I just wish it was easier
to be productive in such discussions.
I have thoughts on the actual issues but I'll leave those aside for now.
Just wanted to say that I'm glad people want to discuss these things and
I hope more people will want to talk about them SO much, we can find
less controversial ways of doing so.

I'm doing what I can to protect nature here at home... no pesticides or
herbicides anywhere in the yard(5 acres). No well manicured lawn...(it's
a jungle here.) And more plans for purposeful native plantings in the
future.

Daniel Mason