Date: 10/30/18 1:32 pm
From: Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Eared Grebe - Willapa Bay (nearby WA)
Horned Grebes are regular on bays and the ocean in winter. Eared are
outnumbered by maybe two orders of magnitude. Eared Grebes' flight muscles
atrophy in winter making them temporarily flightless! They winter in a
select few places such as the Salton Sea. The biggest numbers I've seen in
western Oregon were at the Philomarh lagoons, this time of year. Are there
ever any lingering for the Christmas Count?