Date: 10/30/18 1:12 pm
From: Steve Jaggers <sjjag...>
Subject: [obol] Mult. cty. White-throated Sparrow, Oaks Bottom
I found this bird with a group of goldfinches, white crowned sparrows and juncos this morning. This active feeding flock was using the gravel trail and seed heads in the field south of the south east corner of the lake. The trail follows the bottom of the bluff and the birds were in the first 20 to 30 yards south of the trail junction and corner of the lake.

They flushed often as there were various runners and hikers. They came back a few times and the White throat was seen in the trees with them when they flushed. About a half hour later I was back by there and the flock that had been so active and visible was not seen.

Steve Jaggers

Join us on Facebook!