Date: 10/30/18 9:23 am
From: Robert Lockett <robert.s.lockett...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Boiler Bay 10/29
Tim,

Good question, and one many of us face. You can move those records into eBird, if your intention is to make eBird your listing platform. The county-wide records will have no value as data for researchers, but they might have value to you. EBird allows users to enter records for a county, a state, or even an entire country. You don’t need to have number of individuals (just enter an “X”) or even a valid date (just choose something like 1/1/00). Then mark the records as historical. The records for Pima County, entered this way, will be added to your Pima County, Arizona, United States, and World lists.
Again, such records don’t aid researchers, but they can serve you for listing purposes.

> On Oct 30, 2018, at 7:44 AM, Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...> wrote:
>
> I have 66,000 records on my old data base. Many records only to county (e.g. Pima County, AZ which includes multiple sites which I did not separate or try to differentiate) and some of these including multiple dates. I don’t think I could move much of this info to eBird even??
>
> Tim Rodenkirk
> Coos Bay
>
>> On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 11:33 PM Robert O'Brien <baro...> wrote:
>> As a frequent eBird reader I'll strongly second that. I don't know if Phil has already or plans to upload all his past data, a truly formidable task, exceeded only by the difficulty and adventure of getting it in the first place.
>> bob obrien
>>
>> On Monday, October 29, 2018, Phil Pickering <philliplc...> wrote:
>> > Things finally picking up the last 2 days after a long
>> > dead stretch. Highlight today 12 gull sp including
>> > Franklin's.
>> > https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49543690
>> > Phil

Join us on Facebook!